Friday, September 28, 2007

September 27

I guess apart from birthdays, anniversaries and the holidays, this date is the most significant in my life. Why this date exactly, I do not know. Back then, I traveled with my father, my older sister, and my younger brother. However, it is the date I left Manila, Philippines (September 27, 1979) as an 18 year old to migrate to Canada. Then, 18 years later to the day, I, along with Eng and our 3 sons Evan, Eric, and Eli moved back to the Philippines. The date was September 27, 1997.

So much has happened since. We have been living in Thailand for the last 3 years but have lived for 5 years in the Philippines and 2 in Canada.

A little while ago, the date being September 27, 2007, Eng, our sons who now include Ethan (who was born in the Philippines) ate at a special restaurant to celebrate the 10 years since we left Canada. We reminisced and talked about what we liked that happened in the last decade. Eng thanked the Lord for our good health. Evan and Ethan fondly recalled their time in Canada and the friends they made there. Eric was grateful for none of us seriously getting hurt, the things he’s been able to do and the friends he made in the different countries we’ve lived in. Eli was grateful for all the traveling and his friends. Myself? I recalled His blessings and all the times that He proved faithful to us.

What a God, that He could so bless and give us wonderful lives. We are thankful and told Him so.

Linda

No comments:

Post a Comment