Monday, January 2, 2012

Thanks to 2011!

Praise the LORD, O my soul;
all my inmost being, praise His holy name.
Praise the LORD, O my soul,
and forget not all His benefits –
Psalm 103:1-2
In 2011, the Lord changed me. For that, I am grateful. I also understand even more the magnitude of his love for me, what grace truly is, and just recently, comprehending joy. I’m sure I have LOTS more to learn about all three. The Lord blessed us so much and had us do many things last year that I’m extremely grateful for but learning those three tops my list. =)

Ethan is grateful for his family, his friends, this house, Eric’s graduation, and our trip to Europe.

Eli appreciates his school, his family and friends, and being in Canada.

His graduation, plus our Europe trip and his seniors’ trip to the south of Thailand are the highlights of Eric’s year.

Evan is grateful for his college, that we are home this year, and his grandparents as he’d been able to stay with them while we’re on the field.

Eng is glad he was able to travel to Malaysia to visit his mother and other relatives. What made that trip very special was the concurrent visit of his friends from Manila. He is likewise thankful for our Europe trip and Eric’s graduation.

It’s been an eventful year and one that we closed off by being at a church service. We were all there, along with Evan’s friend. Not all of us wanted to be there to greet the New Year that way. Some of us were excited to do the countdown, share a toast, meander around Nathan Phillips Square, etc. By the time 2012 did come around, the speaker was passionately talking about what the Lord will do in Toronto this year. After that, we shared communion. Prior to that, we worshipped and heard prophesies for the year. I think the only way we could have made greeting 2012 better was if the speaker paused just before midnight and we all welcomed the year rejoicing together. Also, it would have been great if we stayed at the service until it was finished. Instead, we left shortly after midnight since some of us didn't really want to be there in the first place. We came home for some drinks and snacks. I know that someday, in our old age, we may look back at how we ushered in the New Years of our lives. There would have been the ones spent lighting fireworks, being in front of the TV doing the countdown, cajoling at a party, praying with people, or simply hanging out with friends. I believe last night’s way of waiting in the new year tops it all. I’m glad we were at a church service honouring the One who keeps giving us new years. Thank you, Papa God, for 2011, and all the exciting events You have in store for us in 2012. You will not do any less. YES! =D

No comments:

Post a Comment