Friday, December 7, 2012

Still Amazing Grace

Not to us, O Lord, not to us but to your name be the glory,
because of your love and faithfulness.

Psalm 115:1
Yesterday, I sat on top of the table as I watched the children running around the track while they participated in the school’s “Track and Field Day”. It was a moderately hot day with just a slight breeze to cool us, somewhat. I don’t know how my sitting under that tent was singled out by that butterfly but it came. Possibly, my tent was a quieter one as I was alone. The other ones periodically had the kids cheering and screaming in them as they broke out in concerted yelling whenever their teammates passed them by. I didn't want to be in there either =) which was why I was on my own in another slightly way off tent. And, it was then that a multi-colored orange and brown butterfly fluttered around me and by my right leg. For a while, I thought it contemplated on whether to land on my shoe but it danced this way and that way, then flew off as my eyes followed it. IT was a beautiful sight and it reminded me to write about the week-end and my time of quiet at the resort I’d gone to. Why was I blessed to have a butterfly fly right around me? I honestly don't know. The Lord’s goodness puzzles and amazes me.

The painting on the right is Eli's work for "Scarlet Letter." The fine print are the words from the chapter. =)

Last week-end, my usual once-a-month 24-hours of time on my own happened. I enjoyed it tremendously. It was precious to me and allowed me to see the goodness of Papa God as I reflected on what was happening in my life. I had just finished writing my research paper and today, the course ended. =) I was relieved and I learned a LOT! There were sides to God that I wouldn't had known had I not taken the course. It was on the Theology of the Old Testament so Papa God and His plans for us then made more sense to me. He is such a compassionate God and has such a BIG heart for us! I’m sitting here wishing I could express myself better than that! Papa God is just too good to be true and His grace is AMAZING.

Although I didn't think I could do it, I know now that I’ll pass my second online course. I praise God for His help. With my mother’s passing, it was so hard to get started and to be on the right track but I made it. Still, in my being quiet, I realized that the busy life I had wasn't what I wanted. I didn't like the ways my prayer times, my relationships, my work, and my sleep, were affected! I weighed what mattered to me and although hard, I decided that earning my Masters of Divinity in Counselling wasn't worth it if I didn't handle my times with God and my family better. I saw God’s goodness in allowing my dream to come to pass but I am choosing to give it up if my relationships suffer. Please pray for me as I take the next course on the Theology of the New Testament and use that as a gauge on whether I should keep going. It will be from mid-January to mid-April, 2013. Thank you!

The finances for the courses' tuition will also need to be provided. If the funds don't materialize, I’ll take that as Papa God’s answer that I am to give it up. Thank you, Lord, that Your wisdom, leading, and guidance for me will be there.

At the resort when I checked in, the receptionist gave me her personal gift. It was a DVD with everything in Thai script except the words “Amazing Grace” on the cover. She said many things (all in Thai!) so I’m not sure what it’s about but she did say it was from her family. What a sweet gesture! Then, the next morning, their manager presented me with her gift (on left). With a journal notebook, she gave me a scarf full of different coloured butterflies. =) Amazing! I don't know why they both gave me gifts and she didn't know anything about butterflies in my life. [Please read the post “Transformed” on September 2, 2012 for this to make more sense.] The next morning, we were singing “Amazing Grace” at church. I get it, Papa God. You are AMAZING and full of GRACE! Thank you, for being you.

No comments:

Post a Comment