Monday, August 13, 2007

All Set

By 8:00 A.M. tomorrow, the 2007-2008 school year at Grace International School (www.gisthailand.org) begins. This time, 500 students will be walking through the front doors, 51 students more than last year. With over 20 nationalities represented, the student body is truly multi-cultural.

It should be fun, challenging, tiring, enriching, delightful, and worthwhile to teach there. All summer I've prepared for tomorrow and beyond. The pencils have been sharpened, the name plates have been set in place, the bulletin boards have been decked out, the week's lesson plan is awaiting delivery, and hundreds of other things have been prepared in the classroom. It's as ready as can be with flowers to add on a vase tomorrow as a finishing touch.

Tonight, Eng and our 4 sons joined me there for a short worship time and to pray together for
the students and for me as I begin to teach Grade One there. I also called my parents in Toronto to receive their blessing and prayer. I am absolutely desperate for the Lord's help and hopelessly dependent on Him. Thankfully, I know He can be relied upon and will not let me be put to shame as I trust Him. I hope you'll remember to pray for me too. It should be an exciting half a year of teaching. Like the school's name, His grace will live out in me. Amen, so be it.

No comments:

Post a Comment