Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Ethan's 10!

Ethan fell asleep on my lap and in my arms yesterday. I can’t remember the last time that has happened. It was right after school during the tail end of our talk regarding his fears about Christians being killed. I comforted, encouraged, then later prayed for him. Our “talk” time ended with his heavy breathing signaling that he’d fallen asleep. No, I’m not that boring. I really think it was what his body needed, the rest in his Father’s arms, through his earthly mother's arms. It’s one of those tender moments I’ll cherish for a long time. [I saw Grace walking by the school as I parked in the morning yesterday. I understand what that time with Ethan was about.]

Ethan turned ten on Sunday, February 27th. At ten, he is outgoing, athletic, popular, extremely likeable, and sensitive. He breaks the ice easily over people we meet. Long ago, someone prophesied over him that he’d be a peacemaker. He is exactly that! He also would talk ‘issues’ out until he comes to that place of peace. Sometimes, the talks can be long and arduous like the one we just had. Other times, they’re smooth, fun, and easy.

On the right is Ethan with his coach and prized trophy after winning the Recreational League Tag Rugby Tournament at school.

Ethan will sometimes surprise you with his wisdom. I know he has it because we pray for the Lord to give us wisdom as we drive to school each morning. One day, I frantically realized that I forgot to bring our camera. As I contemplated turning around to get it, he said, “Mom, its okay. Our brain is the best camera.”

Thanks, Ethan! You are such a delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment