Monday, June 18, 2012

Dove's Eyes

Give me dove’s eyes
Give me undistracted devotion for only You

From the song “Dove’s Eyes” by Misty Edwards
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=9PxjtX6inSc&NR=1
After one week here, I’m happy to report that I finished the reflection paper I had to do for my online course and am greatly relieved. I have more reading to do to get fully caught up but I hope to get those done this week. I’ve had to put that work on hold while preparing to get here so I’m really happy that I’m almost up to date on the work. I was also able to renew my work visa and just today, received an email from Tyndale Seminary informing me that I was accepted to their Master of Divinity in Counselling Program. Yay! =)

Twice this week, I also found my wallet. I first forgot it at the counter in Makro (like a Costco) and didn’t even realize it. I got home and received a call to let me know I left it there. When I went back for it, they took a picture of me with the store manager as she handed it back to me. She made sure all my cash and cards were there (they were!) and then she gently reminded me to be more careful next time. =) The next time happened when I dropped my wallet in the driveway of our house where it was in plain sight from outside our unlocked gate (and our dog was with me!). I came back from our walk and it was still there. It’s so good to be in Thailand. What an amazing week! =D

I just came back from over two hours of playing the sports I love: ping pong and volleyball. I never really had time for them before but now I do. As I played and enjoyed the mountains as a backdrop, I couldn’t help but feel so blessed to be here. The Lord is too kind and good to me.

I discovered the song above and it really is my prayer about what I want to happen. A friend actually walked with me today and when I told her my prayer request to have a constant awareness of Papa God, she said, “but you’re just talking about Him!” “That’s just it!” I protested, and then proceeded to quote the other lines to the song.
I don’t want to talk about You
like You’re not in the room
I want to look right at You
I want to sing right to You
I know I’d spent some worship times playing the piano and singing more for me than to God. I am intent to change. "Oh Lord, please help me." What does undistracted devotion look like? How do I function and do work and carry on conversations with people while maintaining an awareness of Him? I have a LOT to learn!

The other day I was eating salad and I asked the Lord what I should be doing. I then poured some salad dressing on my lettuce and was surprised when I glanced at the bottle! The people who lived here for us bought the dressing so I wasn't familiar with it. Instead of the usual Kraft brand, the name on it was “Praise”. So, I did(!) and do every now and then. It really is amazing how the Lord will talk to us if we are on the look out for how He’ll do it.

Here's a prayer I read on an email just before I wrote this.
Awaken my heart, Lord. Open my eyes to all that You are and everything we can be together. Lead me to Your presence and show me how to truly keep You first in my life. Show me what will have lasting significance. I want all of You, and I want to experience Your glory!
A prayer by Francis Frangipane
Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment