Friday, February 1, 2013

Being Used

Man’s extremity is God’s opportunity.
Words on a sugar packet served at Lanna Resort in Chiang Mai. =)
I often look for how the Lord speaks to me and how He uses me. Today, I saw a co-worker and when I delivered what I felt the Lord was saying about her, that she was like a “breathe of fresh air” each time I see her, the smile and the pleasure on her face said it all. I knew she was encouraged and affirmed. It felt just like what Papa God would do. He blesses and ministers to our hearts just because of His delight and love for us. He warms our hearts. =)

A few weeks ago, I was at Lanna Resort for my usual quiet time and saw the two sugar packets that came with my tea order. The first packet had “All things are easy” on the first line and the other one had the line above. Before I go on, I should just point out first that it isn’t common in Thailand to see God’s name on just about anything, anywhere, except at Christian churches or Christian schools. Since it is a highly practicing Buddhist country with less than 1% Christians, very few references to God can be found anywhere. So, seeing God’s name on the packet is the first thing that drew my attention to it. Why, in Thailand, would a packet of sugar have what it did? Secondly, when I read extremity, the first definition that came to mind was the one below:
1. hand or foot - a limb of a person or animal, or the part of a limb that is farthest from the body, especially somebody's hand or foot.
- from the Encarta Dictionary
Amused, I then saw the other packet beside it and how because they were side by side, it looked very much like the statements were meant to be read together, just like on the picture. =) Was my Papa God (the God of the heavens and everything on earth) seriously using sugar packets to say something to me? Sweet! =) (I couldn’t resist writing that! =D) Yes, of course He was! Why on earth not? =D He can use anything!

You may disagree and think my imagination is overly active but it actually made sense to me. For God, all things are easy! He uses our extremities to take us places and literally touch people, do, accomplish, etc., with them. Not just our arms and legs, He uses our mouths just like in my story above. We are the sources of encouragement and hope and it’s actually been my daily prayer! Why should I be surprised if I sensed that I should say something to someone and then it brought on a smile, or even tears? Shouldn’t that be the appropriate response if we were touched or ministered to by God through words (albeit through another person)?

Not just our extremities, everything about us, even our very scents; we are God’s opportunity. We represent Him, should reflect Him, exude Him, and be like Him. So the other night, I helped a community prayer gathering by leading the portion when different nations were prayed for. There was a chunk of work that needed to be done in preparation for it. God provided a volunteer to research some of the prayer requests and to put them in cards so we could hand them out. Without the extra pairs of eyes, hands, and legs, I seriously wouldn’t have been able to do what got done. Yes, men’s (and women’s!) extremities are God’s opportunities. =) In His grace, He uses us to be a part of His work. What a privilege we have! Yes, this week, I got busier than usual but it was FUN to be used. Thank you, Papa God! =D

1 comment:

  1. Messages on sugar packages! Wow!!! I've never seen those in Thailand! :) Amazing how God works and speaks :)

    ReplyDelete