Monday, June 3, 2013

New Challenges

Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion 
looking for someone to devour.
I Peter 5:8

Close up photo of the flowers on a Fire Tree.
It’s been an exceptionally busy last week of school. I normally have enough to do with my job, being a wife and mom, and my online course work load. Since there was a countdown to the last few days in school, the week presented other challenges in time use. I had to pack up my office since I wouldn’t be returning to it. There were closure gatherings to end the year for staff not returning, graduation of seniors, Ethan’s band presentation, and year-end award ceremonies. I also separately met with students that I wanted to say a special “goodbye” to. In addition, there was a meal planned to welcome new workers to OMF as they joined our field, and the once a year 4-5 days of Prayer Counselling happened.  Why it all had to happen in the same week, I cannot explain. Different people organized their events without realizing what the others were doing. =) All I can say is, I’m glad it’s over. Emotionally, it was exhausting. Physically, it was hot and daunting. Mentally, I spaced out several times and dozed off as it was all I could take!

One day, I woke up and started my day on the go. I didn’t pray as I usually did and ask for protection. Later on that day, Eng, Eli, Ethan, and I, all argued with one another. We even took turns with our pairing! I was so upset. I slept with a pounding headache and wondered what happened.

It was the next day when I realised that I didn’t pray and ask for the Lord’s covering for the day before. Aware of the verse above, I understood even more that we become easy targets when we are unsuspecting, and unprotected. May we have the wisdom to always pray for protection before we get up no matter how busy we get!

Fire Trees beside roads or on the mountainsides
of Chiang Mai provide gorgeous views
in April and May.
Another challenge is determining what to be involved in. Since there was Prayer Counselling and it was on  for 4 days, how could I possibly do that and all the other activities and events I wanted (and for some, had) to be a part of? I was also asked to pray for a couple who wanted to receive Deliverance Prayer. I haven’t done that prayer in a long time so it would require needing to go back on notes, etc. Even with good activities like prayers that I am passionate about, I obviously can’t do it all. May the Lord also grant the wisdom that we need so that we pray that we only do what we’re called and meant to do. Thankfully, if we ask, we will receive. =)

And the God of all grace, who called you to His eternal glory in Christ, 
after you have suffered a little while, will Himself restore you and make you 
strong, firm and steadfast.

1 Peter 5:10

2 comments:

  1. Linda, thank you for always sharing your true heart with us. It encourages us and helps us each know how to better pray for you and your family.
    I don't know if I have ever told you before....but you are on my Wednesday prayer list, I lift you up specifically on Wednesday evenings.

    Praying for continued joy and peace
    blessings,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. So grateful for you, Pam. I had no idea about me/us making your prayer list! Thank you! =)

    May the Lord bless you. Please let me know how I can pray for you.

    Much love,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete