Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Psalm 116

Aside from a couple of nose bleeds and vein pain on his left wrist where the chemo has been going in, Eric has been feeling well following his 5th round of chemo. We continue to rejoice that he is doing so well with his treatment. The Lord is so good and so kind to him, to us. As Eric's parents, the Lord and His love through His people have been overwhelming us. We've been in awe of what people have done for us. So, I, Linda, didn't think much more will touch me. I was wrong. Yesterday after church, Eric shared that he had teared up after reading Psalm 116, especially verse 12. He said the verses applied specifically to his situation. Please read it and thank the Lord with us. He is just too good as He now works on Eric’s heart.

I love the Lord, for He heard my voice; He heard my cry for mercy. Because He turned his ear to me, I will call on Him as long as I live. The cords of death entangled me, the anguish of the grave came upon me; I was overcome by trouble and sorrow.

Then I called on the name of the Lord: “O Lord, save me!”
The Lord is gracious and righteous; our God is full of compassion.
The Lord protects the simplehearted; when I was in great need, He saved me.

Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the Lord has been good to you. For you, O Lord, have delivered my soul from death, my eyes from tears, my feet from stumbling, that I may walk before the Lord in the land of the living.

How can I repay the Lord for all His goodness to me? (verse 12)

Thank you for praying!

No comments:

Post a Comment