Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Deeper Than Any Ocean

Yesterday, I managed to take an hour long walk on the beach. It was so satisfying. The early morning breeze coupled with the right combination of magnificent sky, glorious clouds, soft lapping waves, and powder fine sand on my toes made it perfect. The waves weren’t numerous. At one point the Lord said His love for me was as many times the waves hit the shore and they were coming frequently then! So this time when I saw the waves, my first question was, “How come there isn’t much?” asking God. Then I noticed the sand and He reminded me that His love was as numerous as the sand on the shore. The song that was playing on my randomly playing phone sang, “Your love is deeper than any ocean” and as I looked at the vast body of water beside me, I couldn’t help but feel loved abundantly. Then the waves felt like soft caresses and gentle kisses from God. I wish to be as aware of this great love in the absence of His creation. Surely He is always telling us how much He loves us! If only we always had eyes to perceive and hearts that understood His love easily.

We are now in Prachuab Kirikhan staying at ‘The Pines’, an OMF vacation home. Thanks to a donor who helped us with our airfare, we are here for a week long vacation. It is wonderful to be here! Along with the realization of His love on the beach, I noticed my lone footprints in the sand and remembered the “Footprints in the Sand” poem by Mary Stevenson (http://www.footprints-inthe-sand.com/index.php?page=Poem/Poem.php). I know we’ve had trying times in the last few months with Eric’s cancer but the Lord carried us and is still carrying us. Thank you, Papa God, you are so good.

Eric’s last chemo treatment was scheduled for this Friday but we asked to move it to Monday (June 28th) so we can stay here until Sunday. Just the thought of staying here that long makes me sigh with relief already. =)

Eric hasn’t been wearing his mask since he got here. He’s breathing in the fresh air and swimming and eating lots! Yesterday, he and Eli beat Eng and me (Linda) in a game of basketball in the swimming pool. We played them hard until I was panting like crazy and could feel myself sweating even though I was in the water! Still, we lost badly! Yes, they’re young but he’s got cancer! Even though there probably should be, there is no sign of weakness in him. He is definitely doing very well.

A prophetic friend prayed for him today and declared that Eric will be healed of his cancer through his treatments and it will never recur again in his lifetime. We said a resounding "AMEN" to that! Thank you again for praying.

No comments:

Post a Comment