Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Grace Came

Your ways, O God, are holy.
What god is so great as our God?
You are the God who performs miracles;
You display your power among the peoples.
Psalm 77:13-14
A few years ago, I was tickled and felt really special when driving to school one Valentine’s morning, I turned left on Rachapruek Road (a main road just near school) and saw a line of red roses on the whole stretch of road that I needed to take. Of course I was surprised and filled with wonder but I was delighted even more! I enjoy flowers so as I drove to school that day, I felt loved. I followed the trail of roses as it snaked its way to a smaller road and went all the way to the driveway of the school. WOW! What an amazing treat! I later found out that a student meant it for his loved one for Valentine’s Day but the pleasant surprise already did its work on me. I felt what I did and the fact that some random person meant it for another couldn’t erase any of it. I knew I was my Lord’s Valentine and He just showed me that I was. I was extremely grateful and wore a silly smile on my face that day. =)

Last Monday was Valentine’s Day again. As I was teaching the morning’s first class, grace came. There was a knock and my Korean friend Grace walked in. With a great, big smile on her lips, she said, “Here it is!” as she handed me my new iPhone in a pinkish bag. I had to take out a new set of earphones and a new plug adapter before I could get to it but there it indeed was! I couldn’t help but marvel at the fact that the friend who gave it to me thought it necessary to give me the other things that came with it as well. Why was it necessary? Wasn’t it enough that she was giving me an expensive phone already? Aloud I said, “Wow, she’s too kind,” as I fingered the other items. Grace concurred with me and then we had to quickly end our visit with a kiss and hug as we were well aware that my student was watching what went on in front of her with interest. The exchange took barely even three minutes but it changed my whole morning’s outlook. The phone sat untouched as I concentrated and continued on with our class but the same feeling of pleasure and delight on the Valentine’s Day described above was surely there and it never left.

The interminable minutes soon ended as I taught another class after the first but I was finally able to examine my gift. =)

The iPhone’s box had 3G on it. Did God really mean for me to get it that way? Of course I would attribute it to Him! But, He has an amazing sense of humor. He knows that He’s my God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. He's my 3G! First, He brought me a gift through Grace (by His grace), then He signs it! What an amazing God He is! Next, He emphasizes His exceeding, abundant generosity by having the giver bless me with not just the phone but the other stuff that came with it! I am simply awed.

I’m going to add that I messed up in how I handled my first iPhone. If you’d like, please read the December 1-15 postings (“Living Right”, “I’d Rather Have You”, and “Lost and Found”). I don’t really deserve to have another one. I don’t have answers as to why I do. The only thing I know is that grace came. Thank you, Papa God. Praise You for who You are.

No comments:

Post a Comment