Tuesday, May 29, 2012

8 Days to Go

All I have needed Thy hand hath provided
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord unto me!

from the song "Great is Thy Faithfulness"
written by Thomas Chisholm and music composed by William M. Runyan
In just eight days, I will be leaving to go to Thailand. In three days, our two older sons will also leave to work at a Christian camp in Dryden, Ontario. Between their leaving and mine, our packing up of our things in the house, my online course homework, blog postings, doing the day-to-day stuff, and saying our “goodbyes” to family and friends, it’s been an exceptionally BUSY few weeks. There are days when I don’t know if my energy will get me through the day. My only constant is the Lord who has been so faithful in helping me and in carrying me through each day.

A few weeks ago, I posted about the Lord pouring out His blessings on us. I entitled it “All in Place” because of our son’s prayer then. I might have given the impression that there isn’t anything that is a cause of concern. On the contrary, the following are just three questions that we pray about for answers:

- Where Evan and Eric will live after they get back from the Christian camp in early August. There is talk about Evan sharing a duplex with his two cousins. For that to happen, all three of them need jobs. Eric hopes to also stay with Evan until he leaves for college in the fall. Our prayer is for Evan and his cousins to find jobs and a place to live in.

- I will be on my own in Thailand until the rest of my family join me in early August. I was looking forward to being kept company by our cocker spaniel “Fudge”. Last week, we found out that she was bitten by either a toad or snake and had an allergic eye reaction. Her one of two eyelids had to be surgically removed which resulted in her left eye being partially or totally blinded. I am grateful that she’s alive but am praying that her healing and adjustment to her condition will go well for her. I wonder about how we’ll do living together and what life looks like with just her for company.

- My parents presently have a caregiver that takes care of them 5 days a week. I’d been going there to look after them the other two days. I’d been more than willing to look for my replacement after I go but my 91 year old diabetic father insists that he’ll be fine with just my 88 year old mom who has Alzheimer’s. My mom being agreeable and cooperative will greatly affect how they will do,

We don’t have answers yet until we get there but our loving and good God is surely, already at work. My brother and his family were here for supper yesterday. As they were leaving, they offered their place for Evan and Eric to live in after returning from camp. My sister-in-law and their two daughters will be away for a few weeks so they’ll have room. I wonder how many more ‘just by chance’ scenarios we’ll hear and recognize as answers to the above?

Yesterday was my last Sunday at our sending church, FBCM, who happened to be celebrating their 35th Anniversary. As I sat there during the service, I wondered how I could say “goodbye” and thank everyone for their prayers and the church’s support of our ministry since we became missionaries 13 years ago. We were at a different church the week before so we were unaware of their day’s program. All of a sudden, the microphones were opened up for anyone to give thanks for anything! Just like that, I had my chance to speak and to thank the church for being there for us since Day 1.

And just like that, the Lord will keep providing answers and be our constant help. He continues to bless us and is our source of strength. I know He will keep doing what He does until I get on that plane and I also know He will be just as kind to me when I get there. Our forever reliable, loving Papa God, we thank you, for not ever changing like shifting shadows. Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment