Tuesday, May 8, 2012

A God Who Pampers

pamperto treat or gratify with extreme or excessive kindness or care.
from Dictionary.com
Just over a week ago, I visited with two close friends while we sat in our living room. We chatted for a bit and then ended our evening praying for one another. It always blesses me when I pray for and with people. Prayer times become even more special when I pray with and for people I care deeply about like family and friends. If, during prayer, I begin to have a sense of what the Lord specifically wants to say to the person I’m praying for, or God reveals something about Himself, then that time of prayer becomes extra spectacular. That’s exactly what happened that night.

I should first point out that during that week, I felt extremely blessed. The majority of the reasons can be found in the posting last week (All in Place) but on top of those, many other events happened. My friend was here visiting from Wales so I took the time to take her shopping. We went several times and at places I wouldn’t ordinarily go to. The intention was for her to shop but I ended up with the entire shopping I wanted to do before going back to Thailand. I don’t particularly like shopping so it was a treat for me that I actually enjoyed it and that it happened without much effort. My friend being here was already a blessing. Being able to do what I needed to do while spending time with her made it doubly special.

I was able to take my parents out for a drive to enjoy the lake and the bluffs. My 90-year old father doesn’t usually want to go anywhere so it was a gift to me that we were able to spend time together. What a blessing it was!

Last week, the Business class of the seniors at the school where Eng volunteers put together a fund raiser luncheon for us. It was well organized and quite enjoyable. The friends we invited also said they were blessed to be there. The food was excellent and many people attended. To top it off, the event raised quite a bit of money which allowed for us to get our financial clearance to leave for the field. We didn’t expect any of that attention and fuss but the Lord was very kind to let it happen. Later in the day, the students and their teacher ate at our house so we were able to thank them and pray for the Lord to bless them. We can’t repay them but we knew God would!

That same night, I was quite concerned about my friend but she allowed herself to be vulnerable and related what she was going through. Seeing what the Lord was doing in her life made all my concerns vanish. She left quite elated after our prayer time and my understanding heart felt just as good.

I have more I could share but suffice it to say that I just felt the Lord pouring His goodness on me. While my friend prayed, my heart was overjoyed and I asked the Lord, "Why? Why are you so good to me?" That’s when my eyes fixated on the box in the corner of the room. As if He laid it on my heart, I now know that it is because He is a God who pampers. He is just too exceedingly kind. And why He would talk to me through a box of diapers is beyond me! =) It’s just the way He is. What a God we have!
The Lord has done great things for us,
And we are filled with joy.

Psalm 126:3

No comments:

Post a Comment