Sunday, July 8, 2012

Being Cradled

I want to sit at your feet, drink from the cup in your hand
Lay back against you and breathe, feel your heartbeat.

From the song “The More I Seek You” by Zach Neese
Popularized and sung by Kari Jobe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI_1YliutzA&feature=related

The Toms left for Hawaii (please see previous post for context) two weeks after their initial scheduled departure. The picture on the right was taken at the airport (from left to right they are Nicholas, Michael, Nathaniel, and Iris) Please pray for them. They’ve all been placed in a new level of relating with the Lord and thrust with growth in their maturity. Their lives will be so different and the Lord will be the one sustaining and undergirding them. Our prayers will help them go through that process sweetly and joyfully. Thank you.

I have learned from Chris’ life including my re-evaluation of my fireworks usage. I see my future appreciating the beauty of colors and wondrous lights in the night sky but the thrill of lighting fire crackers to make loud noises is forever snuffed off of me. Thank you, Lord! There are other ways to get my adrenalin going. And I'm not saying Chris did anything wrong. I’m speaking from the way I recklessly handled fireworks in the past growing up in the Philippines where each New Year was greeted with literal LOUD explosions, the noisier the better. I see quieter days ahead of me.

But what I will never forget is the way the Lord ministered to me in my time of distress. When I found out the details of Chris’ death, I was so overcome with sorrow for his family that I couldn’t understand my books. I was behind in my homework and needed to get it accomplished but I couldn't understand anything and no one was here to distract me! I left to do an errand but I almost got in an accident as I changed lanes without looking. Eventually, I realized that the Lord was the one I needed to go to and the only one I could go to.

When I did, I sat on a rocking chair which I placed near the foot of the stairs. Rocking while cushioned in pillows, I looked up the window by the stairs’ landing as it fascinated me. Just days before, the house owner replaced the curtains of our living room and for that window, a new one that could be drawn open was installed. Prior to the installment of the new curtain, we couldn't fully see out that window because the screwed curtain couldn't be opened. I was looking out of the window for the first time since moving here 4 years ago. I thought of the song above and gently rocked, looking up. It dawned on me that I postured what my heart and spirit were doing; looking to the Lord. Not only that, as I cried and asked all my questions, I felt the Lord taking me and cradling me. It was like I was His baby needing to be comforted and consoled and He was carrying me, swaying me gently, whispering His words of reassurance, love, and understanding for me. As I literally rocked on my rocking chair nestled in softness, my Lord was spiritually soothing me and giving me peace.

My friend once taught that we were like little specks of dust on a pepper corn in this great big earth. I even placed a real pepper corn just by my computer to remind me of who I am compared to God. YET, this great, big God took the time to hold me and be with me when I needed Him and in a way I couldn’t deny. "But if from there you seek the LORD your God, you will find him if you seek him with all your heart and with all your soul. Deuteronomy 4:29 rings so true! Thank you, Lord!

I'm ending with the first few lines to the song as loving the Lord is ultimately what we cannot help but feel and do when we are with Him. Please go seek Him to find out for yourself.
The more I seek You
The more I find You
The more I find You
The more I love You

No comments:

Post a Comment