Sunday, July 7, 2013

Another "God's Suddenly"

Sing to the Lord with grateful praise;
Make music to our God on the harp.
Psalm 147:7

This piano is older than the sum of the ages of all our
four sons. It also joined our family before
any of them were born.
My father’s house in Toronto is where our old, restored pneumatic Handel player piano is. Before we worked overseas, we bought it second hand (in the 90s) at a very cheap price. A quick research shows that it was possibly made in the 1920s. It is very old and it looks it. I recently played the upright piano at our Mission Home on Avenue Road and comparing the two, I know that the sound from it is not the greatest. Furthermore, some of the keys can no longer be pressed down so those keys remain silent when I play them. Still, I’d been playing it because I am praising and grateful to be here.

Here, is in Toronto at my father’s house. =)

On Monday last week, I sheepishly asked Papa God if I could see my father again. I was a bit embarrassed to ask because my father already came to Chiang Mai for six days to visit us in January and that was an amazing answer to prayer (in a post called, “Blessings”, January 25, 2013). Still, because he’s already 92 years old and just recently had pneumonia, I wasn't sure of how much time he still had before the Lord called him home. I hoped to see him again even though I knew we didn't have the funds for me to go back to Toronto. At the back of my mind, the idea that nothing was impossible with God remained and I asked anyway, hopeful that I be answered.

I share regarding God's beauty by writing about what
He does. Nature does the same and does so effortlessly.
Imagine my surprise when I got home on Tuesday and Eng started talking to me about some funds that he said he invested two years ago. He apologized(?) that he kept it a secret. I found out that his desire was to go to South Africa someday which is why he saved up. There was more money set aside than he needed for his future trip so I inquired about his intentions for the rest of the funds. He said he didn't know. That was when I asked if I could be back in Toronto at this time. I wanted to be here while I could still take care of my father rather than come home the way I did when my mother passed away. I actually told Eng that this trip could be in lieu of that. He agreed. =)

We prayed that somehow a flight could be bought the next day as a confirmation of the Lord’s answer. Sure enough the ticket was booked and 3 days later or last Saturday night, I was on a flight which got me here by 10:00 a.m. the next day, Sunday. I will stay here until July 29th so I can look after my father for four weeks. It is such a gift! =)

I was a part of that whole, quick, and miraculous process but was amazed even as it transpired. I needed a Thai re-entry permit for example and quickly got it in all of twenty minutes! What normally took a whole morning or a great chunk of the day was done just like that. When I thought of getting my permit, I was prompted to call the school I worked in to inquire about another matter and found out that personnel were going to the Thai Immigration the next hour. (How cool is that?) They invited me to just meet them there and this was why my re-entry was quickly processed, it was through their connections.

God’s “suddenly “will never cease to amaze me. It boggles my mind! Thank you, Papa God, for what you do. In spite the faulty piano, I praise you, praise you, and praise you some more. =)  You definitely deserve the praises and I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment