Tuesday, July 30, 2013

New Beginnings

I will give thanks to you, Lord, with all my heart;
I will tell of all your wonderful deeds.
Psalm 9:1

Tatay and I at Kew Beach in Toronto
I have lots to share but my plane from Korea to Chiang Mai is about to depart. I was so blessed to be able to spend some time in Toronto. Wanted to give God the glory in all that He had done. On my last day there, a singer friend even spent some time worshiping with me. I always delight in those!!!

Then, she shared that she was joining a choir on a short missions trip. Her apartment would be empty so Eric, who is arriving in Toronto from camp and will be there for 3 weeks, could stay at her place. What a wonderful provision as her place is just several blocks away from where Evan and my father lives! We have such a wonderful Father who can provide easily!

As I continue writing this, I am now in Chiang Mai and obviously jet lagged as I was up at 1:45 a.m. I hope to get a bit more sleep just as soon as I finish this post. This is kind of a disclaimer just in case what I write next don't make a lot of sense. I wish I could write all that transpired in Toronto. I just do know that memories were made and I hope to remember them for a long time to come.

Tatay playing with a game I got him.
As I thought of this post, I honestly didn't know how I could capture everything that happened. I know I would not do a great job, that I'll inevitably not describe what happened well enough, nor remember everything that went on. So I decided to pick the one last act that I asked my father to do for me. On the morning I left, he was eating breakfast. I knelt down in front of him and asked for his blessings. He turned, shifting his body to face me and put both of his hands on my shoulders. I tried hard not to cry and bowed my head as I prepared to hear what he would say. He made no sound but he pressed and released the pressure of his hands on my shoulders and kept them there. I sensed his sadness, his thanksgiving, his wishes for me, his prayers, and most of all, his love. Then he said it was over. He chose to bless me in silence, without saying a word. Thinking about it now, that was best. The Lord could always tell me if He wanted me to know. What's important for me is that I left with him expressing his thanks and love for me even though I heard nothing from his mouth. He is a quiet man and I guess, always will be.

I praise and thank you, Lord. You are so good. You gave me the understanding in my spirit. I look forward to more of the new beginnings and blessings in my life even as I literally meet this new day, August 1st. I love you.


2 comments:

  1. joining you in praise and prayer and thankfulness for a sweet Father that knows our true meeds and provides before we even ask. What a wonderful Lord we serve.
    Have a fantastic school year in your new position. Praying for His wisdom and patience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the truth, I didn't ask but Papa God gave what I needed, anyway. He knew that my father wouldn't have been able to capture or express everything he did in his silence than if he tried to speak them. We have such an AMAZING God. =) Thanks for your prayers, Pam. I love you.

    ReplyDelete