Monday, February 11, 2008

At Long Last

At long last, my wait is over. Ever since the beginning of this school year I have been waiting for a reply from one of the five colleges that I applied to.

Four days ago, on February 7th I received an email from Houghton College, telling me that they had accepted me into their school. It was an unbelievable feeling, and I had to read over the acceptance letter twice before telling my mother what had happened.

“The Committee has carefully considered your entire application and believes that you will gain an outstanding education at Houghton, while making meaningful contributions to the campus.”

This was just part of the letter that they sent me, and reading through, I was struck by how personal it was. They had obviously taken care in reading through my essays, and this surprised me.

We have decided as a family that this is the school for me. It is amazing how they accepted me despite the fact that my parents wrote that God would provide, when asked how money would be sent to pay my tuition. As of this moment we have only one third of how much it will cost to send me there for a year.

However, we take faith in the fact that God provides. Please pray that we will continue to trust in Him, and for us not to fall into doubt or unbelief. The Lord is always with us, and He will always help us through whatever we face.

No comments:

Post a Comment