Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Provision in Answer to Prayer

Most Christians know that God answers prayer. However, it never ceases to amaze us when we are audience to His great power.

As some of you know I will be graduating in June of this year, and will then be going to North America where I will be studying in either Canada or the States. This has become a very large part of our lives, thinking about scholarships and schools and, most importantly, how to pay for said schools.

The application for Houghton College, the school that I most want to go to, required an affidavit of financial support indicating that my parents could send money to send me to school; the amount paid would have to be almost $29,000 a year. Knowing that we did not have the money my parents wrote down that the Lord God Almighty would provide the money.

Just last week my mother went on a silent one-week retreat to get away from it all. On the third day of the retreat, a Monday, she shared our predicament with a woman who was attending the retreat with her, a missionary. The next day the woman she has just met told her that she would give $10,000 US to help send me to college.

That Wednesday, as we sat around the table before heading off to school, my father told me about what had happened. I was speechless. It took a good two minutes before I could wrap my head around what had happened.

We are all told that God will provide for our every need, but to see it actually happen, to hear about it when it applies directly to your life, that is something entirely different.

I urge all of you to place your faith in God, because I know that He is always there for you, always listening. God will always be there, ready to give, ready to bless.

1 comment:

  1. I just read this now. It encouraged me so thank you. It seems easier to trust God for needs of others than oneself. Yet as you encourage, I want to trust God as my provider. May God help us all. Amen.

    ReplyDelete