Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Week of Grace

Praise the Lord, O my soul,
And forget not all his benefits –

Psalm 103:2
Last week was slower than usual as both my online course and the school I taught at were on break. I initially thought I’d do a lot of school work but Papa God had other ideas on how I was to spend my week. A day was spent with Eng and our two sons. Since they all love to eat, we ate at a restaurant we all liked and walked around the mall. Then, our time together was topped up with us watching a borrowed movie at home. It might sound like a boring time together but it was what we could all agree on doing. Ethan couldn't get a massage with us, Eli didn't like bowling, and no movie was kid friendly so watching one at home was the next best thing to do. It was our very own Yeong family time. =)

On Tuesday, Ethan was invited by his friends to go to the houseboats on Mae Ngat Dam. At 11 years old, I’m still a bit perplexed that he was the only boy there from his class. It was an outing attended by three of his female classmates. Thankfully, the girls’ brothers (who played with Ethan) and their mothers (I had someone to talk to!) were with us, as well. It was a perfect day to look at the beautiful view, use the canoe, eat, swim, and just relax. I also enjoyed the boat ride to and from the house boats. Neither Ethan nor I had been there before. This is our eight year in Chiang Mai and I've heard all kinds of raving comments about the place but there was always someone in our family who wouldn't want to go there when I’d recommend it. What a gift to finally make it there!

From Wednesday to Saturday, Eli’s school had a soccer tournament so we spent most of our days at the soccer fields. It was hot but a LOT of FUN. It helped with the enjoyment that Eli’s team won all their games except one (tied at 4-4). =) Most of all, it was heart warming to see Eli mobbed and congratulated for scoring a goal. He had been trying so hard the first few games and had several near misses so getting one was such an answer to prayer! Papa God is so gracious!

I was able to get some school work done and managed to spend some time with Eng and Ethan separately. I particularly liked an hour long early morning walk with a friend to a breakfast place, eating heartily, and then walking back home. It was a blessing. =)

Lastly, I wanted to give God praise for letting my father find his beloved, lost, pet bird. The said bird was the partner of the first lovebird that escaped due to my distraction. The story of that first escape was posted on March 26, 2012 (called “Receiving Forgiveness”). The second bird escaped some time in August while floor renovations were done at my father’s house. Then, when Eric stayed with my father during the Canadian Thanksgiving early this month, he took a walk out of boredom. He subsequently saw a flyer from an animal shelter about a pet bird found on the street. Owners of missing birds were encouraged to send them a picture to find out if the bird belonged to them. Sure enough, even though it’s been at least six weeks since the bird flew away, it turned out to be my father’s! I say this all the time because I cannot help myself. What a mighty God we have! He truly is! Thank you, Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment